Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring is here!!! Monet's Waterlilies and Matisse Cut Outs

Yea!!!
Finally, spring is here after a long winter and very chilly temps here in the Carolinas. I painted a backdrop for my 1st graders who are learning about the artist Claude Monet. They used cool colors for the water and drew water lilies with pastels. As a final touch, they added a pond animal such as a frog, alligator or dragonfly. These were so fun to make! At the same time, my kindergarteners were practicing their "cut and turn" skills as I call them with scissors and made curvy cut outs like the artist Henri Matisse. The bold colors on the flowers really pop in the hallway! Love it!
What are some successful lessons you have done with these 2 artists. Message me and let me know. Comments welcome!!
Keep calm, just paint


Dana








No comments:

Post a Comment