Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Doodle for Google




Hello everyone!
We've been busy in the art room getting ready for spring. Blossoms to come soon featuring some inspiration from famous artists!
About a month ago, I introduced my students to the "Doodle for Google" contest. The theme was "If I could invent one thing to make the world a better place..." We watched videos from the doodlers (artists at Google) and even participated in a live video chat! The students were challenged with this theme and had to think of solutions to the world's problems today. The best part about this contest has really brought the world to my students living in their tiny community here in rural NC.  I get so excited watching their faces light up in amazement as they see how art can be a career choice for them one day. Even at Google!
Here are some of my favorite entries that I will send off soon. From there, 50 finalists for the grand prize will be chosen. I've got everything crossed for my talented students! So proud!
Say a little prayer for my students and wish us luck!

-Dana
Keep calm, just paint!







 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment