Monday, February 3, 2014

Hello everyone! Welcome to my new blog!
This blog is about life as an elementary art teacher, mom, and the aspiring artist I'm striving to be. So far, I've reached my goals except for the artist one. I'm currently working on establishing myself as an emerging artist and entering local art shows. My art show was this past weekend in an art auction called "Art with Heart", held in founder's hall here in Charlotte, NC. Unfortunately, I came down with the flu this weekend and was unable to attend the event. Seriously! But, that's life right? It was donated to a silent auction and I'm dying to know how much it went for.
 (Hopefully details to come soon)
 
Little background on me though. After moving to Charlotte and marrying my husband Jason, I've been a muralist on the side for the past 16 years. Teaching art has always been my fulltime job, but I chose to take some time off for the kiddos after they were born.
This past summer, I took a studio painting class to refresh my skills as a painter and recently got the guts to put a piece in a show.
 
 
 
Me and my latest mural at Matthews Presbyterian Church
"God's Creation"
 
Here is the piece donated to Art with Heart Auction 2014
 16x20 entitled "Abstract Trees"
Acrylics
 
 
 
I hope you've enjoyed my first post!
 
Remember,
Keep calm, just paint:)
 
 

Dana
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment